Hey Ya’ll! It’s 2019 and this is the first time I am writing in a very long time. I think it is safe to say it’s been a minute or so… So let’s pick up where we left off shall we?
Before that, let me catch you all up.
LIFE, remember that good friend, well it happened. I jumped in to blogging last year with the intent of sharing my life with other women to connect and form a community online. Typical wanna-be blogger stuff ya know? I have a crazy life like most of you filled with ups and downs and writing and blogging was my release.
As there were more ups and downs (definitely more ups than downs) I pushed writing to the back burner. After over 6 months of pulling back I realized it was something I missed and enjoyed doing. I received a few messages, texts and phone calls from friends and acquaintances that I had no clue were reading my blog when I posted something. (Which by the way made me feel so special!) I was so happy that many of you were able to relate to me and over the period of time that I “disconnected” from my blog, I realized I missed that small sense of community and upliftment. (That is not a word, but I think it should be so i’m keeping it there.)
I decided this was my “me thing.” So many of us shelve ourselves for people or events that we think are priorities but forgetting we are our first priority.
I’ve given some thought to the safety procedures on a plane that a flight attendant goes over prior to take off. Make sure to secure your oxygen mask before attending to your children.
Well shit, isn’t that the truth. In the heat of the moment (life) we jump to assisting the ones we love when we have not taken care of ourselves first, because we are, and dare I say it, selfless. BUT, I have come to the realization that I am able to take care of the ones I love when I, myself are in a better state of clarity, mind and happiness. So here I am, honest, as I promised about my life and where I have been.
In this whirlwind of what feels like forever this has been my messy, beautiful life…
- Our family moved across the United States
- I started my children at a new school, and started volunteering there a few hours
- Started my children in 3 different sports and 2 different activities (separately)
- I started a new job in a new city
- Started to make new friends
- Got a puppy! (This is probably the most exciting one)
- Committed myself to a new car I’ve been wanting for a decade (still no regrets, check back in a month, I am sure that will change 🙂
- Got involved with a new community
- Started a giveback program (currently in the process of re-strategizing)
- Got Engaged!!
- Nearly killed my fiance a few times (vice versa; we’re still here though, haha!)
- Traveled to Minnesota in the Summer – it felt good to come back!
- New Orleans for our Anniversary – trip blog and recommendations coming.. no ETA 🙂
- trip to California – always home ❤
- Gained 20 lbs in 10 months (It’s happy weight?)
- Started building a home (if this is not the most grueling thing in the world)
- Got my wisdom teeth taken out (3 of them!). I DO NOT advise at the age of 28
- My older son started Sclerotherapy (surgery to take care of some venous malformations in this leg. 1 surgery of 3 in the books… blog on this too later, maybe?)
And it doesn’t stop there friends!
- We set a date for our Wedding, October 19th, 2019!
- HAHA! To the last one, right? 7 months away!! So Wedding planning is in full force!
- We move in to our home in 7 weeks
- I am still working full time… HELP!
- Gearing up for Summer vacation… also HELP!
- Going to Minneapolis for a weekend of Wedding Dress Shopping (EXCITING!)
- Having a Bachelorette Party in Vegas in May (need I say more?)
- Bridal Festivities in Minnesota in July (heart skipping beats!)
Perfect time for me to start blogging again right? Even though it doesn’t seem like it, there is probably no better time. I found myself needing to make more me time and force myself to do things I enjoy and love. This is not life advice, I will leave that to your therapist or hairstylist, this is just my realization. If I can’t control everything in my life, I can at least control my happiness.
The whole gaining 20 pounds thing, is a little WILD, so I plan on exercising 3 times a week. I use that word loosely… I plan on putting work aside when possible and logging on for only 2 hours on my days off and focusing my free time on my children and being completely present to them. And most importantly, I plan on writing once a week, about something, anything and hopefully you will read it 🙂 and even better, relate in some way.
I can’t be the only one right? That has gotten so wrapped up in work, children, commitments, LIFE? Well feel free to share your ideas on how you started to take control of your happiness with me.
Until next time….